Eyehook

Blog of the guy behind eyehook.com

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Epic Dungeon Progress Update

Happy New Year!

First off, the December 2010 sales numbers are in. 22,546 people tried the trial version of Epic Dungeon and 11,577 purchased it (thank you!). Considering the fact that I expected to sell a few hundred copies, I'm pretty amazed.

Epic Dungeon is currently rated #9 out of 1,559 Xbox indie games. Thank you for your 5 star ratings! They really do help with sales and keep me motivated to continue work on Epic Dungeon. (If you haven't already, you can rate Epic Dungeon on the download page from the marketplace--thanks!)

In terms of the next patch, I have basically finished converting Epic Dungeon over to XNA 4.0. So, that's a huge hurdle out of the way. There are a few things that I plan on cleaning up over the next few days, then I'll be able to start working on making Epic Dungeon, erm, epic-er! (I'm still finalizing the list of features for the next patch, so no firm dates yet for when it'll be out.)

Thanks again for all of your emails and tweets. It's been great getting feedback, and I hope to implement some of your suggestions in future releases!