Eyehook

Blog of the guy behind eyehook.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

F-BOMB

After the initial success of the color box, I thought I'd add another puzzle type game. This time I decided I'd go for a word game. The tricky part was that I didn't want to have a huge dictionary (bandwidth = $$$), so I decided to limit it to only 4 letter words, which also gave it a nice kind of twist. Originally, the idea was to penalize "bad" words (although they would be removed from the board, avoiding "game over"), but then I decided to add the "F-BOMB" which allows you to just blow away four letters from the board. It took a bit of play-testing to get it balanced, and it still feels a bit on the hard side, but I think it turned out ok. Anyway, check out F-BOMB : the four-letter word game.

On a side note, I decided I would put it on reddit.com for chuckles and it instantly got modded down. :( Ah well, you can't win them all. I'm still trying to figure out the best place to market my new stuff... Man, this internet thing is tricky.